3GPP – Third Generation Partnership Project: Collaboration to produce Third Generation Mobile System specifications, of globally applicable Technical Specifications and Technical Reports for a 3rd Generation Mobile System
ETSI – European Telecommunications Standards Institute: Support to cooperation between ETSI and 5GAA, 5GAA participation in key meetings and other technical processes
Testing, Conformance and Interoperability
GCF – Global Certification Forum Ltd: Support to C-V2X Conformance Testing and Certification in respective regions of operation
OmniAir Consortium: Support to C-V2X Conformance Testing and Certification in respective regions of operation
VDT Alliance: Collaboration in the process of testing C-V2X technology through various means, in support of identifying use and business cases for connected vehicles
Promotion Groups and Think Tanks
NGMN – Next Generation Mobile Networks Alliance: Enhancement and fostering of a closer cooperation in the area of 5G-based V2X solutions
GTI – Global TD-LTE Initiative: Progression of the development of Cellular-V2X, commitment to the promotion of a global unified C-V2X standard and E2E industry, building of a deeply integrated and innovated C-V2X ecosystem among automotive, telecommunication and more vertical industry partners
5G-IA/5GPPP – 5G Infrastructure Association: Cooperation towards 5G Infrastructure deployment for Mobility
EATA – European Automotive and Telecom Alliance: Support to standards for connected and automated driving, standardisation prioritisation for standards bodies such as ETSI, 3GPP and SAE; promoting spectrum-related issues (V2X): agreement on spectrum usage, security and privacy, vehicle safety requirements, agreement between MNOs and OEMs to develop business models and aligning the timelines of both industries
CEPT/ECC – Electronic Communications Committee: Exchange of information, seeking solutions concerning the use of radio frequencies to facilitate the development of future mobility and transportation services especially for the purpose of ITS communications
VASES – Electronic Communication Office of Latvia: Promotion and coordination as necessary of the Baltic Sea Region 5G Ecosystem Forum with the Electronic Communication Office of Latvia
City of Turin: Coordination of technical, testing and deployment activities in relation to connected and automated driving, standardization priorities supporting connected and automated driving, promotion on spectrum-related issues and agreement on usage modalities of certain bands
5G Forum: exchange of information regarding 5G mobile communication technology related to Automotive and Road Transport, analysis of technology trends, discussion of global standardization trends, promotion of 5G and C-V2X ecosystem growth
ITS Korea: sharing of information on 5G mobile technology in Automotive and Road Transport, analysis of technology trends, discussion of global standardization trends, promotion of 5G and C-V2X ecosystem growth
IMT-2020 (5G) Promotion Group: fostering of cooperation in the field of connected and autonomous driving solutions, further conducting technical research on LTE-V2X and 5G-V2X, ensuring the promotion of the applications of 5G based V2X solutions
5G Mobile Forum: fostering of cooperation between 5GAA and members of 5G MF with reference to the Japanese 5G ecosystem
- 5GCAR: The Fifth Generation Communication Automotive Research and innovation, 5GCAR, is a 5GPPP Phase 2 project. The 5GCAR research and innovation initiative addresses the stringent requirements posed on the wireless communication system by bringing the fields of telecommunication and automotive closer together and investigating the benefit of 5G for demanding automotive use cases.
- 5G-DRIVE: The Horizon 2020 project 5G-DRIVE: 5G HarmoniseD Research and TrIals for serVice Evolution between EU and China (2018-2021) aims at trialling and validating the interoperability between EU & China 5G networks operating at 3.5 GHz bands for enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB) and 3.5 & 5.9 GHz bands for V2X scenarios.
- 5G-EVE: 5G EVE is the European 5G validation platform for extensive trials. The goal is to implement and test advanced 5G infrastructures in Europe. The 5G-EVE concept is based on further developing and interconnecting existing European sites in in Greece, Spain, France, and Italy to form a unique 5G end-to-end facility.
- 5G-MOBIX: The 5G-MOBIX project is co-financed by the European Commission within the framework of the Horizon 2020 programme. 5G-MOBIX will develop and test automated vehicle functionalities using 5G core technological innovations along multiple cross-border corridors and urban trial sites, under conditions of vehicular traffic, network coverage, service demand, as well as considering the inherently distinct legal, business and social local aspects.
- 5G-CroCo: The Fifth Generation Cross-Border Control, 5G-CroCo, is a 5G-PPP Phase 3 Innovation Action. 5GCroCo aims at trialling 5G technologies in the cross-border corridor along France, Germany and Luxembourg. In addition, 5GCroCo also intends defining new business models that can be built on top of this unprecedented connectivity and service provisioning capacity. Ultimately, 5GCroCo will impact relevant standardization bodies from the telco and automotive industries.
- 5G-CARMEN: 5G for Connected and Automated Road Mobility in the European UnioN, 5G-CARMEN, will build a 5G-enabled corridor from Bologna to Munich to conduct cross-border trials of 5G technologies in four major use cases: cooperative maneuvering, situation awareness, video streaming, and green driving. Multi-tenancy and neutral host concepts will be leveraged upon to deliver a final platform capable of enabling new business models. 5G-CARMEN will complement C-V2X with LTE and C-ITS technologies, targeting interoperability and harnessing a hybrid network.
- CONCORDA: The CONCORDA project, launched in October 2017 and funded from the Connecting Europe Facility, will contribute to the preparation of European motorways for connected and automated driving and high density truck platooning, by providing adequate connected services and technologies in terms of interferences and interoperability.
- Global5G: Global5G is a Coordination and Support Action within Europe’s 5G public and private partnership (5G PPP) that is working on both fronts through its focus on vertical industries and small cell deployments. It works closely with the private side of the 5G PPP – the 5G Infrastructure Association (5G-IA) to help boost impacts through diverse working group and task force activities.
- NordicWay: NordicWay 2 is a C-ITS pilot project that enables vehicles, infrastructure and network operators to communicate safety hazards and other information from roads in the Nordic countries between different stakeholders. The project is a collaboration between public and private partners in Finland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark and builds on the achievements from the previous NordicWay project.
- ENSEMBLE: ENSEMBLE wants to communicate the economic, societal and environmental impact of decisions surrounding platoon forming and dissolving. ENSEMBLE also strives to modernize the transport system by finding an optimal balance between fuel consumption, emission level, travel times and impact on highway traffic flow, resulting in reduced impacts on climate change, air pollution, noise, health and accidents.
- ARCADE: ARCADE is a Coordination and Support Action that coordinates consensus-building across stakeholders for sound and harmonised deployment of Connected, Cooperative and Automated Driving (CAD). It supports the development of a common approach to development, testing, validation and deployment of CAD in Europe and beyond, and aims to establish a joint stakeholders forum in order to coordinate and harmonise automated road transport approaches at European and international level.
- ConVeX : Funded by the German Ministry of Transportation and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) in the program “Automated and Connected Driving on Digital Test Fields in Germany”, the objective of the project ConVeX is to set-up a testbed for first field tests of 3GPP LTE Release 14 Cellular V2X (C-V2X) and validate its performance and feasibility.
Friends of 5GAA
Find out more about our cooperation with public authorities and private and public operators.